This week in Geography we have been looking at the four countries that make up the UK and our local area.
- Talk with your child about where we live (York) Ask questions like: Is York a city, town or village? What kind of things are in York? What do you like about York? What don't you like about York?
- Have a look at google maps of York - have a look at your house and other key features of your local area.
- Ask your child to draw their favourite part of where they live. Can they write a sentence about it?
- Have a look at bbc bitesize 'The UK' https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zvwytrd Watch the video and discuss the countries that make up the UK.
- Can you child draw a map of the UK and label it?