Welcome to Year 2's Class Page
On this page, you will find useful information about Year 2, homework letters and lots of links to our learning.
We are so excited to have our new Year 2 children starting and getting to know them all.
Where will they go and what will they see?
Our class learning will be based around pirates exploring the world and the things that they will see! We will be learning about animals and their habitats and all the different continents that pirates might visit as they sail around the world.
Some of the main things that we will be learning about are:
- A major focus will be Geography and will include: Maps and atlases
- Directions and positional language
- Our local area
- York and other countries and cities
- The 7 continents and 5 oceans
- In art, we will be doing some printing
- In RE, we will be looking at Judaism
- In PE we will be doing both dance and learning game skills
- In computing, we will be focusing on learning how to use the iPads and Chromebooks as well as how to use Bug Club and TT Rocks
- In Science, we are looking at animals and habitats around the world
Follow our learning on Twitter and Seesaw!
We have had a wonderful half term learning all about significant people in history and how they have changed the world. First of all we learned all about Rosa Parks and how her refusing to give up her seat for a white person brought equal rights across the USA. Then we found out about Mary Anning, who was one of the first female paleontologists, and were amazed by her discoveries as well as how she survived being struck by lightening as a baby! We are currently looking at George Stephenson and how his love of engineering changed life for all of us with the invention of the Rocket. We are looking forward to seeing it for ourselves next half term at the National Railway Museum as well as learning about some living significant people. Can you guess who they might be and how they are changing the world we live in today?
In Year 2 we will be learning 2x, 10x and 5x times tables. We will be learning lots of songs, raps and playing games to help us learn these off by heart
Here are some useful links to help you at home :)